This resource-bank of Instant Session Plans can enable both inexperienced and experienced facilitators to make 'instant' and timely changes to programme sessions, and respond positively to specific requirements of group members for: coping with events and situations they face daily; having their personal needs met and achieving their ambitions.
• to help meet demands, perhaps at short notice, for provision of appropriate material for work on essential life skills
• to enable you to respond quickly and effectively, when it becomes apparent that a carefully planned programme that you are facilitating will not meet some of the needs that are emerging
Instant Session Plans for Essential Life Skills: Self-Management contains:
• an introduction session to use when starting to work with a new group
• a session to bring the group to an end
• 4 sessions on each of these 10 different life skill topics: assertiveness, building confidence, time management, self-esteem, anger management, stress, daily living skills, managing change, self-awareness, encouraging creative thinking
Each session can be used: on its own; as a supplement to other material; as part of a programme of several sessions tailored to meet particular needs; as part of a comprehensive course. Each session requires minimum preparation and lasts about an hour. Each contains aims, plans, homework, assignments, photocopiable hand-outs, plus clear step-by-step instructions for the group leader, with timings, for activities that involve participants working as a group, on their own, in pairs and in sub-groups.
In addition to these 40 sessions on self-management, there are (in separate published manuals), 40 session manual on health and well-being, learning and development and relationships. Plus free electronic hand-outs for each manual purchased.